Enginer PHEV Latest Improvements
- New and advanced lithium-ion battery materials and structure ensuring safety, stability and high capacity
- Two assembled battery packs replacing previous 32 individual cells, with quick connections to other components
- Built-in temperature sensors. Should overheat does occur, BMS will disconnect the charger or shutdown the converter to prevent thermal event
- System total voltage reduced from 58.3 V to 55.5 V to avoid over charge;
- Improved charging profile with fastàtrickle charging currents to prevent system from over-charge;
- Trickle current charging maintains stable cell voltages while charging batteries fully;
- Timer based charging avoids non-stop charging to enhance safety.
- Upgraded from previous 3KW to the current 5KW output, enabling almost non-stop All-EV drive till all batteries are depleted;
- Inside and outside ventilation improvement reduces system operating temperature;
- High standard production techniques and top quality electronic components used;
- Neat and trendy design and structure.
Battery Management System:
- Highly efficient and fully functional inductive active BMS monitors, balances and manages batteries, with 2A charging current to any individual lower cell.
- Disconnecting the charger to avoid over-charge once an individual cell exceeds 3.8V.
- Disconnecting the converter to avoid over-discharge if an individual cell drops below 2.0V.
- Streamlined wiring for charger, batteries, BMS, converter, circuit breaker connections;
- Nickel electrophoretic coated copper terminal connectors and screws on batteries to reduce internal resistance;
- Reduced enclosure box height to allow trunk floor cover being fastened easily;
- Re-designed enclosure box handles without large nuts inside leaving inner sides flat for easy battery installation / maintenance;
- Integration of enclosure box with mounting brackets and the use of pivot nuts simplify system installation, saving at least one hour installation time;
- Strong fire extinguisher holder;
- Rubber plates under enclosure box to absorb shocks (Prius original heat insulating felt on right hand side of trunk bottom should be kept);
- Easy install, more durable and professional look driver’s switch panel;
* Structure improvements largely reduce installation time from previous 4-8 hours to 2-4 hours.
* Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle Conversion (PHEV)
The 4-KWh kit provides up to 20EV / 40 blended miles range per charge which will save about 260 gallons of gasoline per year. You could double your savings to 520 gallons if you charge at least twice a day.
PHEV upgrading system is not limited to Prius PHEV conversions. The technology can be applied to any hybrid vehicle or even electric car. If PHEV system is adapted in a new vehicle, the vehicle will be qualified for $2500 federal tax credit according to the Recovery Act.
Note: Actual results may vary. PHEV efficiency depends upon your driving style, speed, distance, terrain, and charge frequency.
PHEV System Specifications »
|Structure:||Stainless steel enclosure box|
|Position:||On top of spare tire compartment and under trunk|
|Safety:||Auto-operating fire extinguisher inside|
|Conversion Time:||2 hours by professionals|
|Charge Time:||3-8 hours on any 110VAC outlet
220VAC input systems also available for other countries
|Voltage:||48 VDC nominal|
|Net Weight:||2KWH - 120 lbs
4KWH 180 lbs
8KWH 300 lbs
|Capacities :||2KWH ( up to 10 EV / 20 blended miles)
4KWH ( up to 20 EV / 40 blended miles)
8KWH ( up to 40 EV / 80 blended miles)
Note: Californian buyers are subject to an extra $1,000 cost due to extended warranty for 5 years and certification, for CARB compliant.